Growing Ninjas need all the power possible and what better way than with ‘Chia’ meaning ‘Strength’. In ancient civilization chia seeds were known to provide super human powers. And because of Chia’s awesome energy boost, runners and warriors used this superfood for long distance running. Containing all the essential amino acids to be a complete protein.
Chia Seeds have earned a spot as one of our favorite Super Power foods.
NINJA NOTE: 1 tablespoon of chia seed pudding contains 3 g protein, which is just enough for tots under 10.
Prep Time - 40 mins
Servings - 4 servings (1/4 cup per serving)
- Vitamix or high speed blender
- Medium bowl or tupperware with lid
- Whisk or fork
- Measuring cup
- 1 Banana (overripe will be sweeter)
- 1/2 cup Coconut Cream
- 1/2 Fresh Almond Mylk (if boxed use 1/4 cup almond mylk and 3/4 cup coconut cream)
- 1 Medjool Dates, remove pit
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of Salt (1/8 teaspoon)
- 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) Chia Seeds
IMPORTANT** never put you hand near the blender blades or inside the blender, they are ninja swords and are very dangerous, ask an adult for help**
In your blender add all of your ingredients EXCEPT for the Chia Seeds.
Blend until smooth and creamy.
Pour the mixture into a bowl.
Pour the Chia Seeds into the mixture and with a whisk or a fork mix the chia seeds in for about 30 seconds.
Keep your fork and whisk going for the full 30 sections, this will allow the chia seeds not to stick together while they expand.
Cover your bowl with a lid and place into the refrigerator overnight or at least 30 minutes. This will allow your liquid to become a pudding.
Fun Toppings - keep it simple
- Plain or toasted Coconut Flakes & Blueberries
- Sliced Bananas, drizzled local Honey
- Raspberries and Blackberries
- Mango slices and sprinkled Hemp Seed
- This is a great dish to sneak in ½ the powder of a Probiotic pill or a Kids Probiotic.