Green Ninja’s Morning Smoothies
Good Morning! Time to nourish your brain and muscles with proper nutrients. In order to get your kids metabolisms and mind sharp we focused on healthy fuel providing foods.
Cucumber: great combo of high fiber and water for great digestion
Romaine Lettuce: loaded with antioxidants, vitamins A and C
Spinach: considered to be one of the most nutrient foods (iron, antioxidants, high source of magnesium)
Pears: highest fiber fruit and lowest sugar
Parsley: natural detox and anti inflammatory
Bananas: considered to be a perfect recovery fruit with a great nutritional profile
Coconut Water: high potassium, making it a perfect electrolyte beverage
Set your Ninjas out into the world with the power of food fueling their lives.
Prep Time - 10 minutes
Servings - 32-34 ounces (roughly 4, 8oz servings)
**All Organic, Greens are susceptible to absorb pesticides and chemicals**
- 1/2 Cucumber
- 1 Pear
- 1 packed cup Romaine Lettuce (2-3 large leaves)
- 1 cup Coconut Water (we recommend high pressure pasteurization, like Harmless Harvest)
- 2 packed cups fresh Spinach (can use frozen, same amount)
- 2 tbsp Parsley, with stems ( about 1 small handful)
- 2 Bananas (frozen is best for a smoother smoothie)
- Blender (Vitamix or Blendtec are best)
- Kid safe knife
- Cutting board
**IMPORTANT never put you hand near the blender blades or inside the blender, they are ninja swords and are very dangerous, ask an adult for help**
- Wash all your fruits and veggies
- Pull out your frozen Bananas and let thaw for about 5 minutes
- On a cutting board cut your Cucumber into circles for better blending
- On a cutting board cut around the core of the pear with a safe knife or an Apple Slice
- Put into the blender; Coconut Water, Cucumber, Romaine Lettuce and Pear
- Put lid on the blender and blend for 20-30 seconds
- Open the blender and add; Spinach, Parsley and Bananas
- Put the lid back on and blend until it is smooth about 1-2 minutes depending on your blender
- Pour your smoothie into your glass and CAPOW get ready for EXTRA EXTRA Energy
Ninjas Don’t Have Time! Smoothie Cheat Sheet
PARENT RECOMMENDATIONS: To make your Smoothies in advance double this recipe and pour into small 6 ounce paper cups or small mason jars (better for the environment reducing waste). Freeze for the school week.
- Take the mason jar out the night before and put into the fridge, this will allow it to slightly thaw so you can easily blend.
- Pour into the blender with ½ cup Coconut Water, regular Water or Almond Milk.
- Here you can add a superfood of choice for added ENERGY and STRENGTH.
Suggestions: 1 tbsp Hemp Seed, 1 tbsp Almond Butter, 1tsp Chia Seeds, ¼ Avocado
- Have your Ninja pick 1 (more is not always better, 1 is enough)
POPSICLES for BREAKFAST
- Make your favorite green smoothie or refer to our Green Ninja Morning Smoothie
- Pour into your popsicle molds and freeze, our recipe should make about 8 popsicles
- Hand your Ninja their ToGo Popsicle Breakfast