DIY Coconut Yogurt
Coconuts are natural adventure seekers! They can sail the seas for up to 110 days before putting roots down and growing a family of healthy fat and delicious meaty coconuts.
They not only provide super hydrating water but delicious meat that we can make a variety of fun and healthy treats with. One being the delicious coconut yogurt!
This yogurt is not only a fantastic way of feeding our guts healthy probiotics (healthy bacteria), but also provides around 30% of our daily essential calcium and magnesium.
Prep Time - 5 mins/ 60 hours for fermentation
Servings - 3
- Medium bowl
- Mason jar
- Cheese cloth or clean kitchen towel
- 1 can of coconut milk (trader joes/ 365 brand)
- 2 powder form probiotic pills (50 billion is best)
IMPORTANT **If while fermenting your coconut yogurt changes color or smells not like yogurt, start over and do not eat**
Carefully pour the coconut milk into a medium bowl.
Open the probiotic pills and empty the powder into your coconut milk.
Whisk until smooth and no clumps remain.
With your spatula pour the milk into a clean mason jar and cover with 2 layers of cheese cloth or a clean kitchen towel.
- Place a rubber band, tie a string, or the ring of the mason top around the jar.
- Write in a marker a positive word or a heart on the side or top of your jar. Giving it all your positive vibes!
- Let your yogurt sit at an ideal temperature of 70 degrees and not in direct sunlight for 48 hours
- Check every 12 hours for any discoloration. (if you taste make sure not to double dip, we don't want to introduce new bacteria)
- After 48 hours remove the cheese cloth and gently stir.
- Place a lid on your yogurt and let sit in the fridge for at least 8-10 hours.
- Once your yogurt has firmed up it's ready for eating and creating your very own parfait creation.
Tag @GreenNinjaCooks with your favorite topping and style yogurt