Strawberry Chia Jammin' Jelly!
Prep Time - 15 mins (including time to defrost)
Servings - 10-12 (1 tbsp per sandwich)
Raw berries are key for our extra special Jammin Jelly! Heat can destroy vital nutrients in our foods so we love keeping our strawberries just like they came out of the garden. Rather than creating sugar syrup through heat we have an explosion of raw redalicious vitamin C packed jelly!
As if that wasn't enough, the word 'chia' means 'strength' and in ancient civilizations was well known to provide super human powers. Because of chia’s awesome energy providing properties, runners and warriors used this superfood as fuel for long distance running.
So enjoy your journey with this flavorful and delicious healthy jelly that will keep your kid's energy high and taste buds jumping for more!
- 2 cups of Frozen Organic Strawberries (if using fresh first freeze)
- 2 tbsp Chia Seeds
- OPTIONAL: 1 tbsp of Raw Local Honey, Maple or Coconut Nectar **honey can act as a preservative**
- glass jar and lid
**IMPORTANT never put your hand near the blender blades or inside the blender, they are ninja swords and are very dangerous, ask an adult for help**
- Thaw the Strawberries for about 10 minutes, so they are still slightly frozen
- Put Strawberries, Sweetener & Chia Seeds into blender, cover and blend for about 30 secs
- Turn the blender off, you may need a spatula to push the berries from the side of the blender
- Blend again, you want a smooth texture
- Pour the mixture into a glass jar
- Cover and allow the Chia Seeds to bloom into the jam (10 mins)
- CAPOW, start using
Notes: Keeps in your fridge for 7 days